PT878 Flow Meter Rental
Next Day Delivery Available* * Next day delivery available to mainland UK when rental paperwork is received by 12 midday (stock permitting).
Technical Support Supported by engineers who have installed 000s of flow meters.
Large Rental Fleet RS Hydro have the largest rental fleet of PT878s in the UK
Installed in minutes.
NOTES: Next day delivery on the PT878 is available to mainland UK when rental paperwork is received by 12 midday (stock permitting).
RS Hydro PT878 Rental Service
RS Hydro can boast one of the largest rental fleets in Europe with PT878 rental units usually available within 24 hours. We are experienced with over 3000 PT878 rentals to date.
Regardless of your application needs, RS Hydro will be on hand to provide support. Our technical support engineers not only have office based knowledge of the equipment but also have experience in the field of difficult applications.
The PT878 Clamp On Flow Meter
The Panametrics PT878 ultrasonic flow meter is a clamp-on portable flow meter which can be used to measure most liquids including clean liquids and also some liquids with solids or gas bubbles. The PT878 is suitable for use on all metals and most plastics, on a pipe range from 12.7mm to 7.6m (0.5 inch to 300 inch) without the need to cut into the pipe.
The PT878 clamp-on flow meter is ideal for rental purposes as it is easily installed, up and running in minutes and can be quickly relocated to other pipes.
The PT878 is ideal for many types of survey including:
- Energy - When combined with PT100's the PT878 becomes a full energy meter ideal for measuring cooling and heating systems. Typically measuring energy used and lost in a variety of applications e.g. testing boiler efficiency on hot water systems, cooling system effectiveness and condensate recovery.
- Water usage - The PT878 can be used to monitor not only water consumption but also basic leak detection. Another typical application is verifying flow rates of flow meters of different technologies e.g. e/mag, vortex and mechanical.
- Chemical dosing - For measuring the dosage of chemicals, The PT878 flow meter is ideally suited. Whether highly acidic or alkaline due to the fact the meter is on the outside of the pipe and does not come into contact with the media, chemical compatibility or temperature is not an issue.
Services offered for this product
- Water/glycol solutions
- Cooling and heating water
- Ultrapure water and liquids
- Diesel and fuel oils
|Flow Range||-40 to 40 ft/s (-12.2 to 12.2 m/s) biderectional|
Pipe ID>6 in (150 mm): ±1% to 2% of reading
Pipe ID<6 in (150 mm): ±2% to 5% of reading
|Repeatability||±0.1% to 0.3% of reading|
0.5 in to 300 in (12.7 mm to 7.6 m) and large
|Pipe Wall Thickness||Up to 3 in (76.2 mm)|
All metals and most plastics. Consult GE for concrete, composite materials, and highly corroded or lined pipes.
|Clamp-On Flow Accuracy (Velocity)||
Pipe ID>6 in (150 mm): ±1% to 2% of reading typical
|Datalogging||Memory capacity to log over 100,000 flow data point|
|Output||- One 0/4 to 20 mA current output, 550 W
- One user-selectable pulse (solid state, 5 V
maximum) or frequency (5 V square wave, 100 to 10,000 Hz)
- Two 4 to 20 mA analog inputs with switchable
power supply for loop-powered temperature
|Power||Built-in battery with external 12v input, 9 - 11 hours operation|
|Battery Charger Input||100 to 250 VAC, 50/60 Hz, 0.38|
|Dimensions||(h x w x d) 9.4 in x 5.5 in x 1.5 in
(238 mm x 138 mm x 38 mm)
3 lb (1.36 kg)